drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here I am again with the Wireless G Problems... :-)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer_App
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Here I am again with the Wireless G Problems... :-) Reply with quote

Ok...I hadn't tried messing with the Client/Server aspect of your program for a while...too busy playing poker. But today I got some time off work so I thought I'd give it another shot....actually made progress this time. When I run the server on my Primary computer, and the client on my older dual P3 computer...same problem as I listed here before....
http://www.drneau.com/BB/viewtopic.php?p=2157#2157

However, today it occurred to me to try running the client on my primary and the server on my back-up computer....and walla....beatuiful. works great.

Of course...I'm not understanding why it works one direction, and not the other. I've removed all security and firewalls from both computers and the wireless router. For logistical reasons, I of course would like to run the server on the primary computer. However, I can work around all that until one of u geeks out there can give me a clue...

BTW...Excellent Program. All my players love it. Keep up the great work DOC!
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Here I am again with the Wireless G Problems... :-) Reply with quote

Killer_App wrote:
Ok...I hadn't tried messing with the Client/Server aspect of your program for a while...too busy playing poker. But today I got some time off work so I thought I'd give it another shot....actually made progress this time. When I run the server on my Primary computer, and the client on my older dual P3 computer...same problem as I listed here before....
http://www.drneau.com/BB/viewtopic.php?p=2157#2157

However, today it occurred to me to try running the client on my primary and the server on my back-up computer....and walla....beatuiful. works great.

Of course...I'm not understanding why it works one direction, and not the other. I've removed all security and firewalls from both computers and the wireless router. For logistical reasons, I of course would like to run the server on the primary computer. However, I can work around all that until one of u geeks out there can give me a clue...

BTW...Excellent Program. All my players love it. Keep up the great work DOC!

Well, given that it works one way and not the other...I don't believe there's anything about the program that could be changed to make it work both ways.

Anyone have any ideas for him?
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Rewind
"Miracle Flush"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a new computer. Very Happy
unyostun
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewind wrote:
Buy a new computer. Very Happy

And send me the old one for a technical inspection. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: