drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to convert sound files so that can be loaded

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolvie1079
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: How to convert sound files so that can be loaded Reply with quote

I know that this was topic was mentioned in the Ideas forum, but I have also gotten some personal messages since my last posting on this subject.

.wav files can still be encoded as mp3 format with a wav extension, and various other things like "How do I convert an mp3 to a wav for use in TM?" issues can all be simply fixed with a little freeware peice of software called Switch.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch

The program will allow you to change the format of a wav file away from mp3 so it is usable in TM, change the bitrate, and whether the file is mono or stereo (my personal pet peeve is mono sound files).

"As well it will It can convert audio files from many different file formats into mp3 or wav files, including wav to mp3, au to mp3, aiff to mp3 and much more."

I hope this helps with any sound problems that people have. I personally downloaded 40 or so sound files that would not initially work with TM and Switch fixed them all.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Windows it's even easier.... no downloads... just use Windows' "Sound Recorder" Very Happy

http://drneau.com/BB/viewtopic.php?t=503&start=20
Wolvie1079
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours was the post I was referring to... just didn't have the link handy.

Figured I would just post the software I was using as I have recieved multiple private messages about it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: