drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bounties

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patsiesus
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Bounties Reply with quote

Is it possible to put the bounty on a person for the tournament. Is that set-up there and I'm just missing it? I know there is a bounty tab but haven't been able to figure out if you can set it on someones head.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bounties Reply with quote

Patsiesus wrote:
Is it possible to put the bounty on a person for the tournament. Is that set-up there and I'm just missing it? I know there is a bounty tab but haven't been able to figure out if you can set it on someones head.

Player panel, bounty column.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
Patsiesus
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I distinguish who the bounty is on?
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsiesus wrote:
How do I distinguish who the bounty is on?

Player panel, bounty column, player row. Maybe I'm not understanding the question...
Patsiesus
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your getting frustrated with me. First, let me apologize for my poor explanation of my problem. And secondly, this program is fantastic, I'm pretty much addicted to it, LOL (drives my wife crazy). You probably could be making more cash on it than you do, so thanks for charging next to nothing. Back to my problem; In my next tournament, Player A who won the last Tourney, will have the bounty on him. Players B thru F all pay $1 to be bounty hunters. Is there a way in the program to select Player A as having the bounty on him. Maybe I'm way off base, but just trying new things out. Again sorry for bad explanation. Thanks for the help.
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsiesus wrote:
Sounds like your getting frustrated with me. First, let me apologize for my poor explanation of my problem. And secondly, this program is fantastic, I'm pretty much addicted to it, LOL (drives my wife crazy). You probably could be making more cash on it than you do, so thanks for charging next to nothing. Back to my problem; In my next tournament, Player A who won the last Tourney, will have the bounty on him. Players B thru F all pay $1 to be bounty hunters. Is there a way in the program to select Player A as having the bounty on him. Maybe I'm way off base, but just trying new things out. Again sorry for bad explanation. Thanks for the help.

The way the program is today, bouties are of two types:
- An across the board bounty. Same amount on everyone. We use this in our tournaments...you get a certain amount for each person you knock out.
- A player-specific bounty. A specific amount on a specific player. Others used this as a way to reward someone for knocking out "last week's champion" or whatever.

As far as who is eligible to receive the bounty...the answer is "everyone". The app doesn't have the concept of "signing up for the bounty hunt". At the time I wrote the app, I'd never heard of this caveman method of bounty hunts.
4ceps
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi doc

new to your forum

have a similar situation/follow up question

this past wknd i had a bounty tourney ($1 from all the buy ins went into a bounty pool for last tourney's champ). it turns out he won AGAIN!

2 observations/questions:
1. the bounty prize was distributed among the all the payout winners by the tm. I thought the bounty would go the the champion if no one knocked him out. did i do something wrong or did i miss a step or was this intended by the tm?

2. can the the specific bounty be excluded from the total prize pool? in the consoles, i couldn't a find a component for the bounty. it'd be nice if i could separate the main prize from the bounty and then put up a picture of last tourney's champ.

thanks again
4ceps
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drneau wrote:
At the time I wrote the app, I'd never heard of this caveman method of bounty hunts.

Careful Doc... you know what kind of trouble Geico got into with caveman cracks. Very Happy
clay
Loser
Loser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought.

I have bounties in my game and I don't even bother with using TM to track them.

I just set up TM for a buy-in of $15. Then I collect $20 from every player. (Everyone is in the bounty hunt)

I then hold out $5 per player and when people bust out they bring me the bounty chip and I pay them $5 each. No fuss no muss.

I can see why using TM would be fine if you were tracking "eliminators" but I don't bother. Its less for me to do.

-Clay
4ceps
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clay wrote:
Just a thought.

I have bounties in my game and I don't even bother with using TM to track them.

I just set up TM for a buy-in of $15. Then I collect $20 from every player. (Everyone is in the bounty hunt)

I then hold out $5 per player and when people bust out they bring me the bounty chip and I pay them $5 each. No fuss no muss.

I can see why using TM would be fine if you were tracking "eliminators" but I don't bother. Its less for me to do.

-Clay

i considered keeping track of it manually. but since i was convinced by some members of other forums that this was a superior program (Wink) i thought it should be able to handle the bounties.

i even put up a pic of the "hunted" person on the console. maybe that's why it kept hanging...hmmmm Confused

It kept the game fun for all.

4ceps
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: