drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knockout Blinds & Re-Seat Blinds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrantB24
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Knockout Blinds & Re-Seat Blinds Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.....

Was hoping someone could explain in an easy manner what happens when someone gets knocked out and should have been in either of the Blinds? Or, when someone is re-seated, do they screwed if they move into one of the Blind positions at their new table?

If there is an easy way to explain each scenario, please let me know where I could go to print it out.

Thanks!!
unyostun
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.homepokertourney.com
venndia
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: couple solutions - Reply with quote

Ok here two places to find some possible answers:

http://www.homepokertourney.com/docs/rulebook/poker-rulebooklet-roberts-5-condensed.pdf

http://www.amateurpokerleague.com/forms/HouseRules.pdf

As you can see both direct you to .pdf files you can download or print out.

I can't recall all the in's and out's, (no acrobat on this computer) but I know when you knock the player who was just small, there is a situation called "dead dealer." The button moves to the empty seat and the small and big blind are the same people that would have had it (had the player not gone out). I think I have also seen a dead small blind situation but I am not sure how the situation arises.

The rules I try to remember are: (and someone correct me if these are wrong, i mean seriously)
-Someone has to be Big Blind in every hand. There is no "dead big"
-I don't think anyone can dodge the big blind (like a player going out now leaves you as the small instead of the big)
-When reseating players, they must be seated behind the dealer. I think the big blind from large table 1 moves to the open seat at smaller table 2 and is dealt out until the button passes him.

But definately check out those links. They will help out.

-There mu
unyostun
"Cowboys"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: couple solutions - Reply with quote

venndia wrote:
I know when you knock the player who was just small, there is a situation called "dead dealer." The button moves to the empty seat and the small and big blind are the same people that would have had it (had the player not gone out).

Correct
venndia wrote:
I think I have also seen a dead small blind situation but I am not sure how the situation arises.

If the big blind is knocked out the next person due to be on the big blind is still on the big blind but there is no small blind. Then the next hand after that there is a dead button.
venndia wrote:
-I don't think anyone can dodge the big blind (like a player going out now leaves you as the small instead of the big)

Correct everybody takes their big and small blinds every round.
venndia wrote:
-When reseating players, they must be seated behind the dealer. I think the big blind from large table 1 moves to the open seat at smaller table 2 and is dealt out until the button passes him.

There are many ways to move players but if you take the person due the big blind from the larger table you seat them in the worst position closest to the big blind and they are dealt in right away. The only time you wait for the button to pass is when you are seated inbetween the big blind and the button.
BrantB24
"Ace High"

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help!
5thStreetPokerParties.com
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead Button Rule

i. Small Blind is Eliminated.
The player who was the big blind now posts the small blind and the player to his left posts the big blind. The button moves in front of the now empty seat.

ii. Big Blind is Eliminated.
The player to the left of the eliminated big blind now posts the big blind and there is no small blind for that hand. On the following hand, the button moves in front of the now empty seat and the two blinds are posted normally.

Players reseated between the big blind and the dealer button must wait for the dealer button to pass before they can be dealt into play.
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's sort of up to the "house rule". The WSOP for example states that if you take a seat prior to the start of a hand (begins with the first riffle) you assume the rights/responsibility of that seat be it a blind or button, regardless of your position at the previous table.

While this rule may seem a tad confusing with its implementation & exceptions all you need to remember is that no blind or the button may "skip" a player who was actively involved in the previous hand. If a player must be skipped to keep the blinds & button contiguous then the player who was just seated is the one who is skipped and waits to be dealt a hand at the first opportunity.

Last edited by Dix on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Dix
"Royal Flush - No Hat"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across the old "House Rules" file we created for our games so I thought I'd post the "dead seat and reseating players" rule here.

Our rule is basically the same as used for the WSOP with the exception that our "hands" begin with the 1st card dealt and not the 1st riffle.

Quote:
Players going from a broken table to fill in seats at a different table or to balance tables assume the rights and/or responsibilities of the position. They can get the big blind, the small blind, or the button.

The exception to this rule will be the case of a player assuming a "dead seat" while a hand is in play (hand begins with the 1st card dealt).

No blind or button may skip a player who was actively involved in the previous hand. Blinds and button must remain contiguous with active players. Any player assuming a "dead seat" between blinds/button shall not be dealt a hand until the button has passed.

EXAMPLE: UTG Player busts out and a new player fills that seat.

If a player is assigned that seat before the 1st card is dealt of the next hand he is required to post the big blind.

Otherwise that seat is "dead" and he must wait to be dealt a hand until the button has passed that position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Home Poker Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: