drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thought on auto chip distribution….(and a comment about au

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Thought on auto chip distribution….(and a comment about au Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this and thought of some problems…

1. If you don’t have a blind schedule set up then this really can’t generate (from they way I understand it is being implemented). I guess we will get some sort of Popup warning???
2. What happens if you revise your blind schedule after calculating this? Another warning…..or do we have to go back to the chip distribution to review????

And I know there has been mentioned about a default blind setup…..but what about a question and answer auto blind generator….taking into consideration starting chip counts, # of players, how long at each blind level, breaks (quantity, time, and length), and how long you want the game to actually last (pushing the blinds up faster to make the game shorter)…..
JBWilkins
"Twos full of Threes"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI......I posted this.....don't know why I got logged out automically .... Question
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calculating the chip distribution is pretty easy, with or without the blind schedule. All the blind schedule does it tell me which chips are too low in value to bother including.

The chip distribution screen will have 2 input fields:
- Number of buy-ins planned, and
- Value in chips per buy-in.

Then, you'll hit a button to calculate.

If anything changes, you just hit the button to recalculate. Having it recalculate everytime the blind schedule changes is easy to do, but it would add a lot of needless processing overhead.

A "blind schedule wizard" is on the list.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
JBWilkins
"Twos full of Threes"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only thoughts were about the recommended relationships between your initial and final big blind and the amount of chips at buy in. Also I was thinking about the relationship of chips to the blind progressions…..I know my first tourney I didn’t buy in enough red and we ended up making a ton of change during the first 3 blind levels…..(all blinds were under $25 so people could get their feet wet)……it was a real pain and I learned my lesson……(another problem was everyone was playing really loose)……..

Don’t get me wrong…..I’m looking forward to this enhancement…and getting a chance to use it……just some thoughts…
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My belief on chip distribution (and this is what the tool will do) is:

- Chips that are too small to be needed don't belong on the table
- Get as many chips on the table as possible. Bigger stacks = more fun.
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    drneau.com Forum Index -> The v2 Bucket All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: