drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

overclocked gpu too much need help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamhawk
"Straight Flush that I Folded"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: overclocked gpu too much need help! Reply with quote

Hii...

I recently downloaded msi afterburner in order to control v-sync
and I saw the overclocking option I didnt know what was i doing and overclocked my gpu (nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti) a bit (core and memory no voltage) . seeing no great difference I pushed the slider close to the "max" (only core,memory a bit and again no voltage) (the "max" i figured was the max my gpu can take) and when I got in game (skyrim) the game crashed. there was an error message concerning my gpu though I didnt read it all. then i reset my gpu clock. and tried getting in game it worked but i only had 16 fps I restarted my computer tried other games nothing. so I read some guides about overclocking and realized my mistakes and still I could not find out what happened to my gpu because it couldn't get that hot in the seconds the game was working and that is the only danger i found about overclocking to much in the guides I read. later I downloaded gpu-z and found out that when I am playing instead of being on my normal core clock which is 823, at max my clock was 405 i dont know how it was before the incident but my games run on 16 fps instead of 60 and I want to fix it.

Thanks..!

For More Details:

corporate marketing video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: