drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help setting up my first ever network.?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamhawk
"Straight Flush that I Folded"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Need help setting up my first ever network.? Reply with quote

Hii...

I have fiber optic dsl, I have a wire that comes from the phone box into the study with and ether net port in the wall. I can direct connect with an Ether net cable from the wall to the desktop that is in the study. I connect the wall port to what I call a splitter box, just a netgear box with 4 Ethernet ports in it, I use that to connect to the study PC and a powerline adapter too get wired internet into a bedroom with a desktop works great most of the time, sometimes one or the other computer will not have internet
I get the little caution yield sign, not the red X like I get if I unplug a cable.

the only thing in the house that actually needs wifi is my ps3 (I still carry a flip phone)

but I thought it would be nice to have for that and if I ever get a laptop or something
I replaced the splitter with a Belkin ac700 router, with both computers still using Ethernet cables plugged into the router but I had no connection the yellow yield sign on both computers and no kind of pop up or anything that would let me connect or configure anything?

if it is not plug and play it is beyond me on what to do on hooking something like this up?
I don't know what to click on or what I am looking at when I open up network settings or any of that kind of thing..

Thanks..!

For More Details:

infographic examples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: