drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wifi Authentication query

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Williamhawk
"Straight Flush that I Folded"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Wifi Authentication query Reply with quote

Hi everyone ,

i hope there is someone that can stop my head from exploding and explain how this is possible....

Ive checked in to a hotel and bought their wifi, which allows me 3 devices on it using the same code..

I went to my 2nd laptop and connected to the "ultimate wifi" and found it auto authenticated and im now using 2 devices of 3?

(If u didnt get that a 2nd device ive just turned on in my hotel room auto authenticated without asking for a code)

I then gave my code to my work colleague (in a different room) my code and said use my final device allocation, only to get a message saying "code already in use". i then pulled out my iphone back in my room and managed to make it my 3rd device..

My question is.... Is it possible that the wifi is limited to my room in the hotel to stop people passing codes around?? Also how can a device (never connected before) auto authenticate using a code I bought from reception 10 mins ago??

Hope someone can explain this

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.networking-forums.com/wireless/wifi-authentication-query/

advertisement examples
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: