drneau.com Forum Index drneau.com
A discussion board for drneau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doc places 3rd at June Canterbury No-Limit Tournament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drneau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Doc places 3rd at June Canterbury No-Limit Tournament Reply with quote

I heard someone say you needed 4 miracles to win a tournament. I had 3.

I finished 3rd in the 132 player tournament and took home $1,980. (Minus the $120 entry fee).

A few notable hands:

First table. I'm doing well. I raise with 4-4. Crabby player calls me. Flop is 7-5-3 mixed. I check. He bets. I put him on "crabby" with 2 over cards so I call. Turn is a 6. He bets. I raise. He asks aloud, "What, do you have a 4???" He calls. River comes down. I bet. He agonizes and folds. I show him a 4. He nods. I show him the other 4. He goes on tilt. Criticizes my play. I say, "thanks, Phil!". My stack large. His stack small.

Down to the two tables. I'm on life support now. I raise to T2000 with 5-5 leaving me with T800. BB calls all-in. He has 6-6. I lose and figure I'm done.

Next time I need to bet, I'm all in against a raiser with Q-8 off. He has A-K. Flop is A-6-8. Turn is a 2. River is an 8. Miracle #1. I quadruple up.

Raise later with A-9 off. Q-Q calls. I get my A on the river to win that one.

End up going into the final table with an average stack. Let the others beat each other up for a while. Finally, it's down to 4 players. I'm all-in in the BB with T8000 and K-J. Player under the gun calls all-in with T4000. We get another caller. The 2nd caller wins, catching a straight on the river and putting us both out. Thanks to the short stack for playing, because it meant another $600 for me!
http://home.comcast.net/~jneau

Last edited by drneau on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxPower
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some serious scrant! What did the top player take home?

I need a big in-the-money win soon. My luck the past few weeks have been horrible! I'm 0-fer-three in live games.

-Max
Thank god for on-line poker...
rastapete
Founding Father
Founding Father

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'grats Doc. Nice earn.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    drneau.com Forum Index -> Potpourri All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: